TV Show Review: You

A drawing of Joe Goldberg from the Netlflix series, “You.”

Kolby Geesey, Staffer

I watched a Netflix series titled You. The series, all around, was one of those types of shows that you have to really follow. At first, I was unsure if I would enjoy the show because I am typically not a big TV watcher. I heard a bunch of good things about it, so I decided that I would give it a chance. The show is about a strange man named Joe Goldberg. Goldberg meets Guinevere Beck, an MFA student with aspirations to become a great writer. Goldberg fell in love with Beck and wanted to make her his own. Beck revealed that she was lying about how she felt and Goldberg was angered and he decided he would take care of her in the only way he knew how.

In the second season of You, I had no clue what I was going to expect. I was expecting Goldberg to maybe get arrested or even just live his life like nothing happened. The turn of events was way different than I thought. Goldberg decided to move to a different state and he changed his name to Will Bettelheim. He acquired this name in a very confusing way and made his life a new one. In season two, Will fell in love with a new woman named Love. He fell in love with Love the very first time he saw her and she immediately fell in love as well. They would become a couple and date and enjoy life for a little while. Will also be really creepy around his neighbors and keep a close eye on them. This would cause problems.

Goldberg would do some weird and even bad things revolving around his neighbors. All around, the show You was a very good show. I enjoyed just about all aspects of the show. I really loved the mystery that the show brought. The viewer could never guess what was going to happen next and that was great. I would recommend watching this show if you like mysteries. Despite me not watching TV almost at all, I actually really enjoyed this show and am excited to see season three.