Christmas Music in the Hallways

Kalynna Steely, Staffer

Starting the week we came back from Thanksgiving break, Student Council decided to play the song “Dominic the Donkey” in between class periods in the hallway. This was to occur all day, everyday, until Christmas break. This is unless we raised two hundred dollars to stop the playing of “Dominic the Donkey”. This was not the end of it, however, because then they would just play a “less annoying” song until they raise an additional one hundred and fifty dollars. This money was then to be donated to Toys for Tots.

To some kids, this bothered them very much, and they complained very often about it. Others like myself realized that it was for a good cause. Although, the music may have gotten annoying at times, all the proceeds were going towards something good, so it cancelled out the annoying feelings I had towards it. Others argued that asking for money was a bad thing, but that’s not all Student Council was asking for. They were also asking for canned food.

Overall the music wasn’t the worst thing in the world it was just a minor inconvenience. Student Council was just trying to think of a fun way to raise money and get everyone in the holiday spirit. Some people could get over it and others couldn’t. Sadly, the music challenge was cancelled over controversy and Student Council will have to think of another way to raise money this holiday season for charity.