Senior of the Month: Sarah Niemi

A photo of senior of the month, Sarah Niemi.

Kayla Massey, Staffer

“Thank you to all the teachers and staff for pushing me to become better,” says Sarah Niemi, senior. 

Niemi is currently enrolled in mostly AP and Honors classes.  After high school she plans on attending Marywood University. She chose Marywood due to its closeness to her family and friends, but most importantly she felt like after researching colleges, it had a great atmosphere and ideals. She has not made a final decision on where she wants to attend. Her future plans are to attend college and major in Language-Speech pathology.

She struggled with figuring out what career she  wanted to pursue but she knew she wanted to work with children and possibly the science and medical field. So when she learned about the speech pathologist career, she realized that she was actually really intrigued because she would have a wide range of what jobs she could obtain after college, like in a school, hospital, etc. with varying age groups. 

Niemi’s extracurricular activities include: FBLA, International Club, National History Honor Society, National Honors Society, SADD, Varsity soccer, Student Council, and Travel Club, Prom Committee, Literary Honor Society, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, and  Quill and Scroll International Honors Society for High School Journalists. She is very involved with the PGAHS yearbook as a yearbook editor. She is actively involved throughout her school.