Why I Am Single

Katie Seiverling, Staffer

“You’re 18 and been single for two years, why aren’t you dating someone,” my father said to me. As a senior, it’s hard to find a good relationship in our school. Most of the other seniors are either in relationships or not wanting one. But also as a senior, there are underclassmen that you could date. For me though, I personally don’t think that it’s right to date someone that’s two years or more younger.

It’s still possible to date someone from another school as well. The issue about doing that is you might not always be able to see them. When you’re a senior, you are probably 17 or 18 years old. You need a job to pay for gas, or to even save up for college. Now, when you are dating someone that doesn’t live close, it might be hard.

I work Tuesday through Sunday, and never have time to do anything! In a long-distance relationship you should at least be able to see the person every weekend. Now if you’re dating someone from your school, you might be able to see them during it. But if you date someone from school it could cause drama and nonsense. I also have a lot of things to worry about.

I have to worry about keeping my grades up for college. College is the next thing happening in my life, not a high school relationship. A relationship could try to change my mind about my education, and I’m not for that. I could also became very stressed out with everything going on. Also the guy could try to fight with me about things. There’s just too many variables for me to keep me from dating.

If I really wanted to find a relationship at this age, I would need to find someone that is willing to work with my schedule. I would need someone that would be able to drive. I don’t always want to be driving everywhere to see him. I, overall,  would need to be able to enjoy having time with them. I’m still single because I haven’t found that person.