“The Cellar” Book Review

Hannah Reiter, Staffer

Although reading isn’t my favorite thing to do, once I start a really good book, I can’t stop. One of my all time favorite books is called, “The Cellar,” by Natasha Preston. The book is a suspenseful and kept me on the tip of my toes the whole time. “The Cellar” is a fictional book based upon the story of a 16 year old girl, Summer, getting kidnapped from a very small town. The story is very realistic and makes the reader feel as though they are a part of the story.

I think that I enjoyed this book so much because there was never a time where I was bored reading it. Even when there was not a lot happening, the author always found a way to keep it interesting. The story is very modern and has an eerie vibe to it, but it made me not want to ever put it down, hence why I finished it in two days! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. The book would be an awesome read for either a guy or girl, and for anyone at the high school level or higher!

The story goes through the thought process of not only the main character Summer, but also some other characters in the book. The book goes into multiple point of views, including the man who kidnapped Summer, Summer’s boyfriend, and of course Summer. This keeps the book very interesting, and always changing. Knowing the thought process of many different characters is what made me want to keep reading. The book goes through how Summer plans on escaping, how her boyfriend tries to find her, and how her kidnapper tries to keep her at his house. Throughout the story, the reader has to figure out whether or not Summer will return home or not make it out of her kidnappers home. If I were to rate this book, I would rate it a 5/5.