Winter Winter Go Away

Elektra Mease, Staffer

Throughout the globe, there are 4 seasons: winter, spring, summer and fall. Right now in Pine Grove, the worst one out of all 4 is starting to hit us. Winter. While winter is loved by some, it is also hated by others.However, there are a few good things about it even though winter is the coldest and worst time of year.

In winter, it snows, which makes it even colder than it was before. The only thing good about snow is that it gets students out of school. Sometimes, even when there’s a lot of snow and the roads are icy, we still go to school. This could lead to the possibilities of wrecks and people slipping on ice while walking. Some days we get out early depending on the weather in the morning. The school days canceled due to weather are then made up in the summertime, taking some of our summer break away from us.

The other good part is the holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Besides that there’s really no other “great” part of winter. The weather is terrible and it’s freezing cold as soon as you open a door to go outside. The only good way to treat winter is to make hot chocolate, snuggle in the blankets, turn on the heater and watch tv or do something productive that could keep you warm. Another thing to do during Christmas time is to go see the Christmas lights. Hershey has their own little drive-through of lights that you can pay to see and some “villages” have lights up that can be seen for free. 

Some people love the holidays, but hate the weather.  Winter weather takes away the possible opportunities you can have within that day. Maybe if it was less cold, people would like it more. Until that happens (which it never will), people will not be a fan of “winter,” just like the things that come with it.