Get Ready to Hear the Bells

Keith Koppenhaver and Justin Witmer hand over money to help stop the annoying Christmas music.

Hannah Reiter, Staffer

Students Council has been brainstorming ways to raise money for the local food drive, as well as money for buying children toys who are less fortunate during the holiday season. After lots of ideas being thrown back and forth, they came up with a great idea that they believe the student body will enjoy. Starting next week, the week of the December 3rd, they will begin playing annoying Christmas music in between all periods.

While this may seem like an odd way to raise money, there is a great idea behind it. The idea is that in order to get the music to stop, students must give donations. Once the goal has been met, the music will turn off. Student Council believes that since students will get easily annoyed with the certain songs that will be playing, they will be more likely to donate money. “I think it’s a really good idea to help raise money for kids in need,” says Autumn Behrent, a Student Council member.

Not only is this a fun idea to raise money, the money will be going to a great cause. Many families struggle to provide the “ideal” holiday for their families and children. In order to help these families, local organizations do food drives. Anyone in the community can donate canned goods or money in order to help buy more. Once the drive is over, the cans will be distributed to families around the area in need. The other portion of the money goes towards buying children toys. Not every child gets something they really would like for Christmas, and the idea behind this is to provide every family and child with a Christmas to remember.