Cardinal Chronicle

Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

Sydney Griffiths, Managing Editor

Twenty Pine Grove Area High School students along with three faculty members traveled to the Fort Indiantown Gap National cemetery to lay grave specific wreaths for veterans buried there. Mrs. Culbert, SADD advisor, Mr. Dunkelburger, Varsity club advisor, and Mr. Gradwell, guidance counselor in the high school organized this event.

“I really enjoyed the opportunity that I was given by Mrs. Culbert to put wreaths on many veterans graves including my own family members. It’s a great feeling to know that you had an impact on something so important. I’ll always be thankful for this experience,” says Isabel Turner, Senior at Pine Grove and also a member of SADD. Students and faculty were able to sponsor a wreath and honor a veteran by doing it. The wreaths sponsored were then taken down to the Gap to be placed on the gravesites.   “This year was our first year participating and raising funds for Wreaths Across America. Placing the wreaths on loved ones graves as well as at the request of sponsors made it more personal to the students and faculty participating. All individuals that participated did so with the utmost respect to remember all of our veterans that are buried at the Indiantown Gap Cemetery. I am extremely proud of the students that participated in this event and look forward to doing it in years to come,” says Mrs. Culbert.

On Saturday December 15th, Mrs. Culbert and Mr. Dunkelburger took along students who wanted to attend the Wreaths Across America ceremony and wreath placements for all veterans buried in the cemetery. During the ceremony, the students were able to learn about the history of Wreaths Across America as well as the importance of it. “It was an inspiring and educational experience for me. Wreaths Across America is a great program and each year they honor veterans who have fought for us, and I am so glad I was a part of it,” says Olivia Lehman, Senior at Pine Grove and also a member of SADD and Varsity Club.

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

Black Hawk lands in Cardinal Nest

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

Feature

36th Annual JROTC Military Ball

• News

Selected All-Stars Gather for Soup and Salad

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

Safe 2 Say Something

• News

The Nation’s Report Card

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

STC an Option for Incoming Freshmen

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

Drill Team Takes Place in Competition

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

The Dawning of Musical Season

• Honoring Loved Ones Who Served

News

Winter Break Is Finally Here

• News

The Middle School Spreads Holiday Cheer Through Music

The Student News Site of Pine Grove Area High School
Honoring Loved Ones Who Served