Winter Break Is Finally Here

Henry Andersen

Pine Grove Community Christmas Tree.

Henry Andersen, Staffer

“Who isn’t ready for winter break? Let’s be honest,” says an excited Brandon Wolfe, junior, ready for half the school year to finally be over to celebrate one of the most popular holidays around the globe. Winter break lets students have a rest from school and responsibilities to go and have fun in the snow during the holidays. Almost all schools in the United States, as well as Pine Grove Area School District, usually have winter break right before Christmas. “A winter break provides freedom for students and lets them have a rest from school to celebrate Christmas,” says Elektra Mease, Freshman.

“I like to spend time with my family,” says Rebecca Weidenheimer, excited for winter break. Winter break is the time to celebrate Christmas, spend time with love ones, and hang out near the fireplace. Winter break usually lasts around a week long surrounding Christmas. Our winter break starts on Friday, December 21, 2018, which is a half day, and we go back to school on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.

“During winter break I like to hang with my family, watch Christmas movies, bake cookies, and just have fun,” says Mckenna Levan, Sophomore. It usually snows during the break which is fun to play in which means that there are many things people like to do during this time. Children like to go sledding, snowball fights, and hang around the fireplace.  Cameran Gibson, sophomore, says, “I think that Christmas break is wonderful. It gives students a time off from school work and I get to see my cousins that I don’t really see often.” Since our winter break lasts for 12 days, students will have tons of time to take advantage of their time off. Hopefully there will be snow to make the holidays a winter wonderland.