Cardinal Chronicle

Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Keith Koppenhaver, Associate Photo Correspondant

“Our team did really great tonight. They worked hard all throughout the line up, it helped us get our win tonight,” said Coach Drey. Cardinals won the match 31-30, on Criteria E, the team having accumulated the greater number of points for falls, defaults, forfeits, and disqualifications is to be declared the winner of the match. Caleb Reiter started the match off with a win by points at 160 pounds. Caleb won his match of a score 2-0 to give the Cards a 3-0 lead. Dillon Kintzel, wrestling at 170 pounds, also won his match in the first period with a 32 second pin time. “It felt good to win the match because Mahanoy was a fourth seed in districts and we are twelveth in the district.” This gave the Cards a 9-0 lead. Cards started strong with two wins, but then the Golden Bears started to get a few points on the board.

The Golden Bears would go on to beat Hayden Kennemore by a score of 12-3. The Golden Bears made the score 9-3. Chris Shadle, wrestling at 195 pounds, would also lose his match by pin making the score all tied at 9-9. Peyton Nuske wrestled at 220 pounds but had lost his match 19-4 by a technical fall, the opponent scores 15 or more points than his opponent, in the third period with 1:49 left on the clock.The score was then 9-15. The Cardinals had to forfeit the match at 285 pounds due to not having a wrestler at that weight. The next few matches were forfeit wins for Pine Grove. Both the Golden Bears and Cardinals had to forfeit the match at 106 pounds. The score was 15-21. Travis Anderson, at 113 pounds, and Noah Venzel, at 126 pounds, both won their matches by forfeit. The score being 27-21. The Cardinals then had to forfeit the match at 138 pounds. These forfeits made the score tie, 27-27. Ayden Ney would take the lead for the Cardinals. He won his match, at 138 pounds, by a points score of 3-1. The score would become 30-27 with Pine Grove in the lead.

The last match of the night was wrestled at a weight class of 145. Pine Grove’s wrestler, Christopher Charles last his match by a score of 10-7 to make the score tie once again. The referee had gone to his rule book to decide who one the match. The referee had decided that Pine Grove would win the match because of Criteria E.

About the Writer
Keith Koppenhaver, Associate Photo Correspondent

Name: Keith Koppenhaver

Position: Associate Photo Correspondent

Class Level: Junior

Age: 16

What is on your bookshelf or home screen: Snapchat...

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

X-Plosion Travel Softball

• Sports

Lady Cards Keep the Win Streak Rolling

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Lady Cards Softball Top Bulldogs

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Lady Cards Crush Spartans

• Sports

Lady Cards Keep the Win Streak Rolling

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Cardinal Classic

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Cardinal taken down by Eagles

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Cards Win Home Opener

• Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears

Sports

Lady Cards Shine in First Scrimmage

• News

Selected All-Stars Gather for Soup and Salad

The Student News Site of Pine Grove Area High School
Cards Take Win Over Golden Bears