The Great American Outdoor Show

Kayla Massey, Staffer

After spending a day at the Great American Outdoor show, students interested in Agriculture were able to see a bunch of different exhibits. Some of the exhibits included hunting, fishing, and anything else related to the outdoors. After asking Junior, Kathleen Stump, about her experience at the outdoor show she said, “It was a fun experience to be around things I love to do with my friends. It provided hunting, fishing, and anything outdoors for us to learn about.’’

At the show, students were able to learn how to properly shoot a gun and a bow and arrow.  Mr. Kreitzler, FFA adviser and field trip chaperone, said, “The trip was an opportunity for the students to check out new technologies that are available for outdoor activities.” The exhibits taught students about uses of items they could use in their everyday lives. Not only did they have exhibits with guns, knives and bows, but also exhibits with animals and vehicles.

Getting to spend the day at the Great American Outdoor Show was a great experience to view all the different stands and to see how each stand was different. There were a few different demonstrations happening throughout the day.  One of the shows was a fishing show, which demonstrated a fishing rod and which type of bait to use.

You definitely can’t forget about the food. Organizers had a bunch of different food vendors to choose from not only upstairs but downstairs in the Complex. “The food is expensive, but it’s good!  I had a pulled pork sandwich and, of course, a milkshake. When you go to the Farm Show Complex, you always have to get a milkshake!”