A Student’s Point of View on the School Year

Levi Bettinger

Mrs.Bullock’s classroom with COVID-19 elements in place.

McKenna Valentine, Staffer

This school year has been very different from past ones. It has been a big change for both teachers and administration. This school year has affected the students and their learning process the most. Many students have different perspectives of how the school year is going so far. 

Each student has a different opinion on school this year and the changes that came with it. “It’s definitely a big change. It is hard to transition from online to in-school learning every other day. Personally, I find it harder to learn online because a lot of the time I have to teach myself, so I enjoy going to school more,” say Kallie Kreider, a freshman at Pine Grove. “I think that although our district tried to optimize this year considering our circumstances, they didn’t exactly succeed,” explains Hunter Banonis. “I think we began falling behind early, and when the school saw that they sacrificed our safety for learning. In all, I think we need to find a better alternative and with us going back to school due to the lessening transmission rate, we may see a real solution” explains Hunter Banonis, a freshman at Pine Grove. Students’ opinions have all contrasted from one another’s about how their school year is going for them so far.

Although students’ opinions differ from one another, they all agree that this year is definitely different. With the school going back full time soon, students are preparing for school to be much easier.