A Night of Music

Bryce Delp, Staffer

The Pine Grove Area High School Music Department’s 2019 Spring Concert was held Monday, May 13th. The concert was opened by the Jazz Band and featured the Pine Grove Area Concert Choir and Band with Mrs. Susan Fenstermaker and Mr. Ken Gibson directing the choir and bands respectively.

The night started with the Jazz Band, who performed several classics such as “Eye of the Tiger” and “Smooth Operator.” On his saxophone solo during the Jazz band performance, Sophomore John Harig said, “It wa a lot of work to get down some of the parts. It took a while, but I’m glad it turned out well.” In addition to its high school members, the Jazz Band featured 8th grader Elliot Tucker on bass keyboard.  

Following the Jazz Band’s performance, the Choir took the stage. The Choir’s show featured solos from Senior Morgan Flick and Junior Ethan Tucker on the song “Pie Jesu (From Requiem).” The songs “Come, Let’s Begin” and “Sigh No More, Ladies” featured instrumental performances from Ethan Tucker and Tyler Stokes respectively.

The night’s final performance came from the Concert Band. They marched on stage to their signature song, “Cadence X.”The band played a mixed set of songs varying from Disney classics, such as a collection of songs from Mary Poppins, to Toto’s “Africa.” After their onstage performance, the band marched down the auditorium aisles, playing a Disney medley as a video showcasing the Disney trip was projected on stage. The band then exited the auditorium and the music-filled night came to a close.

The band will next be performing during Memorial Day parades in Pine Grove, Tremont, and Donaldson. They will also be performing for graduation night