One Last Time

Cardinal Chronicle

Senior night collage

Taylor Trotter, Web Editor

Tonight, thirteen senior football players, twenty senior band members, and one senior cheerleader were recognized at the football game. They were escorted onto the field by their parents or close family friends, as their high school activities and their future plans were announced. Most are going to attend college, or a technical school, and some have enlisted in the the United States Military. Each senior was cheered on for their accomplishments by everyone in attendance of the game.”It was an exceptional feeling to be recognized at my last home game as cardinal cheerleader. It felt a year ago I just started cheering in smurfs and now I have the pleasure of leading my team one last time” said Kaitlynn Koppenhaver.  Cardinal football players, cheerleaders and band members have been involved in Little Cardinals football and cheer since kindergarten, while band members have played instruments since fourth grade.

“Feels like it was just yesterday I was an 8th grader marching out on the field for the first time. Now, it’s not only my senior night, but the last time I’ll ever perform on our field in front of our home crowd,” said Tessa Derr, Cardinal Band Drum Major.

Seniors appreciate everyone that attends their games to support them. They love to hear the cheers from the stand whenever there is a gain on the field, touchdown or even a field goal. They have united a whole community this season.  “It stings losing the last home game, but I am still very thankful to those who have supported me in the last four years of my high school football career. It meant the world to me to be able to pour my heart out into the game and put on a show for those who support me and my team,” Vinny Lepre said, remembering the night.