Cardinals Going Strong Through the Pandemic

Chase Fraley

Lane Lehman, sophomore, leaps into the end zone.

Killian Skocik, Staffer

Covid-19 has affected all fall sports this year. Key starters getting quarantined for important games. Out of school all athletes have to be safe with who they hang out with and what they do. The possibility of teams getting shut down is high with it only taking a few members to completely quarantine the entire team.                                                                                     

Any team can get quarantined just like that. Sarah Warner, senior, on the Pine Grove Area Soccer team, stated that, “We have to be very cautious about what we do outside of school and in school.” 

Kailen Felty, junior, on the Pine Grove Area Volleyball team said, “Covid has affected us in many ways, from the mask, to taking some of our teammates out for 2 weeks or just the thought we all have if someone on the team gets sick. It all scares us but we’re all doing what we can to make it through the whole season with all of us healthy.”

Covid has affected many people and student-athletes are no exception. Throughout the pandemic many teams have had to give up their seasons in the past two years due to this virus. Athletes are taking every precaution to make sure that doesn’t happen again and to make sure our athletes are safe.