Outlook Good for Lady Cardinals

Cardinal Chronicle

With the season coming up fast the girls basketball team at Pine Grove Area is working hard. They are preparing for their first game against Marian Catholic on December 11th.

Nick Wolff, Sports Editor

Girls Basketball season is just around the corner. With a team with many returning players and having just come off a District game win before falling short of the Championship. The girls are ready to get back on the court.

The team has many of their prominent role players returning and a promising group of freshmen which has head coach Kyler Burke excited for the season saying, “I feel good we do have 8 or 9 returning players and a good group of freshmen that will play a role in a rotation.” 

The team is driven this year by Captain Mikaili Donmoyer,senior, said, “I feel confident going into the season, we have a good core and a lot of talent throughout the grades. We’re looking to get far in postseason play.”

But the seniors aren’t the only ones looking to make it far this year as Kailen Felty, junior, said, “I feel pretty confident with the upcoming season. Pine Grove girls basketball hasn’t won a district championship in a couple years so our main goal is to hang a banner. Another goal is to just have fun and enjoy how basketball used to be. Covid took away a lot of the energy and enjoyment in the game last year so I just want to have fun and enjoy everything being somewhat back to normal.” T

The team and coaches goals are aligned as head coach Kyler Burke also said, “My goal and I hope our players’ goal is to make and win districts. We made it the last two years and last year we won a game and we’re hoping this is the year we can win it.” With the season coming up and pre-season practice currently underway the girls will be looking to “hang a banner”.