Boys Basketball 2021-2022 Season Outlook

Killian Skocik

Chase Sarge, freshman, and Brandon Unger, junior, practicing their shots at practice.

Javin Ward, Staffer

ThIs year’s Boys Basketball season is in for an interesting ride. After graduating 5 seniors who all played a large amount of minutes, It’s almost like the team is going to be under new management this season. The graduating seniors were Josh Leininger, Shea Morgan, Cody Griffiths, Kolby Geesey, and Derick Boyer. All of these players played varsity minutes and were major contributors on the team, so the remaining players will really feel their loss this year.

The only remaining senior  player on the team with Varsity experience is Dalton Geesey. Geesey began accumulating varsity minutes as a Sophomore, and became a 6th man and sometimes starter his Junior year.  Geesey said, “We have a young team that lacks varsity experience, but our team chemistry and natural basketball talent will help us this season.”  Geesey will play a major role in leading the team this year.

Brandon Unger ,junior , who despite not playing much Varsity in his Sophomore year, is looking like a probable starter as of now. Geesey has taken him under his wing, getting in extra practice at local parks and working with him to bring him up to speed on Varsity basketball. Unger said, “I think that the team has been looking good. Even though we have a lack of varsity experience. I think that the season looks promising due to our chemistry.”  Unger also predicted that the team will go around 13-9 this year.