2021 FBLA Susquehanna Conference

Cardinal Chronicle

Front Row: Emily Zimmerman(Jr.), Bailley Dorson(Sr.),Rachel Sarge(Jr.), Taylor Wright(Soph.), and Faith Harris(Jr.); Back Row: Tori Wilkerson(Jr.), Kaydence Himmelberger(Jr.), Kyla Koons(Jr.), Felicia Blain(Soph.) and Mrs. Hughes.

Killian Skocik, Staffer

Pine Grove’s FBLA competed for their FBLA online regional test the week of December 6th, 2021. The students got to pick which event they would like to compete in and took a test. Mrs. Hughes, Region 23 co-advisor and PGA’s FBLA advisor, took a van of 9 students to the Susquehanna Conference on Friday, December 17th, 2021. The students found out their rankings and placement at the competition.

Mrs. Hughes, “It’s nice that we were able to visit the conference in person this year. Last year FBLA wasn’t able to attend any of the conferences because of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

At the Conference, Rachel Sarge, PGA FBLA President, was named Region 23 Secretary, and Kaydence Himmelberger, PGA FBLA Vice President, was named Region 23 Vice President.

Rachel Sarge, Pine Grove’s FBLA President, says “ I am very proud of how this year’s competition ended up. 33 students from Pine Grove are eligible for the state conference which is a huge deal. I wasn’t expecting to be the Region 23 Secretary but I can’t wait for the experience I will learn from it.” This is Rachel’s first year in FBLA. 

Kaydence Himmelberger is the Vice President  of FBLA this year and she said, “It was cool I got to hand out the metals to everyone else…It’s cool I got to be Vice President for Pine Grove and Region 23.”