Aevidum Has Your Back

Students enjoy snacks and drinks as they watch ‘8-bit Christmas’ on the half day before Christmas break.

Javin Ward and Levi Bettinger

Aevidum is a new movement at Pine Grove Area High School. The purpose of the movement  is to bring positivity to the school, as well as kindness and support. “This is a nationwide movement,” says Lexi Butler, freshman, one of the Aevidum advocates. “After the tragedies in the high school, we realized we needed to do something for the entire student body,” Butler continued. 

Aevidum is a nationwide organization that has clubs in many elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Aevidum empowers students to live with purpose. Ms. Rogers, co-advisor, said, “We went to the high school administration when we realized something had to be done for the students’ mental health. Mr. Janicelli came back to us and told me and Mrs. Hemming about Aevidum, and we got it organized here at the high school.”

Katie Herring, junior, is another Aevidum advocate. “Having Aevidum in our school teaches us how to provide a more positive environment and how we can help our friends,” says Herring.  Bringing positivity to the school system is one of the many goals of the Aevidum movement. Herring continued, “The best and easiest way to spread positivity and motivate others starts from small actions. By doing the simplest gestures like talking to someone new or even giving a smile in the hallways can improve someone’s day.”

During the week before Christmas Break,  Aevidum held a weeklong competition to see who could complete the most challenges throughout the week. Some of the challenges included PJ day, Ugly Sweater Day, Catching Santa, and more. If you completed the daily challenge you were entered into a raffle to win a prize. If you completed every single day’s challenge then you were entered into a raffle to win the grand prize. The winner of the grand prize was Jocelyn Hikes, sophomore.