We’ve Got Your Back Rally

Kale Lengle, freshman, officiates the Faculty vs. Students Basketball game and has a talk with William Hall, junior, during half time.

Autumn Gantz, Staffer

On Friday, March 4th, there was an event for all students to watch, and for basketball players, wrestlers, cheerleaders, faculty, and other students to participate in. This special event was hosted by Aevidum to bring everyone together and to be inclusive of everybody in the district. Lexi Butler, a freshman advocate, told everyone at the pep rally what the spirit was about. “We did a banner that had every person in the school’s handprint on it. It included everyone in the school, and that’s what Aevidum is all about. There were spirit days leading up to the event all week which got everyone excited for the last day.”

“It’s a community and finally something we could bring to Pine Grove that could fix the pain that everyone had at the beginning of the year. I want to see it grow and I want to see people get excited about it,” said Butler.  

Evan Karenda, a sophomore advocate, gave his input on the event as well. Evan said that “The event was meant for trying to unite as a school and come together to include everyone in something.” To Karenda, “Aevidum just means that someone always has my back. “ 

Savannah Collazo, a senior advocate. Collazo said, “The purpose of this special event was to bring the student body together to spread positivity. We thought it would be fun to take away the last two periods of the day to give everyone a break from classes and such.” 

Mrs. Rogers, co-advisor, said, “The event on March 4th was just another event to get Aevidum’s name out and to spread positivity around the school. We wanted the spirit days and the event to surround the banner that got everyone involved the whole week.” Rogers continued, “I think after everything that happened in the fall, it opened my eyes to mental health and the stigma behind it. I see kids struggling and they have no one to turn to. Aevidum will bring positivity to everyone’s life. It makes everyone feel wanted and accepted in the school community.”

Mrs. Heming, co-advisor, “It was an event that we came up with that we used as a fundraiser and a way to bring all the students together to give them a mental health break from the school days, entertainment, and a way to boost school spirit. Aevidum being present at PGAHS is a way to bring mental health awareness to our building by promoting positivity and school spirit amongst our students and staff.” 

All of the students and faculty who were both involved, or simply spectating and cheering at this event felt included and understood what Aevidum was all about. Spirit Week, which a lot of students and faculty participated in, got everyone very excited leading up to this event. The handprint banner, which included the handprints of students, teachers, cafeteria staff, janitorial staff, and other district staff members certainly made the entire school building a more positive place. Aevidum is a term that means “I’ve got your back,” which was the purpose of the banner. The entire event brought the whole school together as one.