Alumni: Clint Warner

Clint Warner and his family after he returned home from training deployment in Virginia at the Langley Air Force Base.

Sarah Warner, Staffer

Clint Warner is a Pine Grove Area High School graduate from 1990. While attending high school at Pine Grove Area he played football and baseball. Playing quarterback and defensive back on the football team, along with several different positions on the baseball team. 

“I’ve got a lot of great memories but one of the best was our win over Blue Mountain in football my senior year. The rivalry was as big then as it is now. To add to it, I also went to Blue Mountain through seventh grade and moved to Pine Grove the summer before eighth grade, so I knew a lot of players on their team. We were winless going into the game, it was a great battle and we won in the final few minutes when I scored on a quarterback sneak to put us in the lead, it was a win I’ll never forget,” said Warner.

“Lt. Col Pete Doak, was my biggest inspiration in high school. He and his wife, Barbara, taught me a lot in the four years I spent with them. They pushed me to be the best I could be and, honestly, I wouldn’t be where I’m at today without them.” said Warner.  

After high school Warner planned on attending a military academy preferably the Air Force Academy, and make a career out of serving his country. The head of the JROTC department at the time at Pine Grove Area, Lt. Col Pete Doak helped Warner make this decision. 

Warner then joined the Air Force where he started as an intelligence officer, then went to pilot training where he became a fighter pilot flying the F-15C. His other primary roles consisted of leading and managing teams in the different organizations he served in. He went on to be a part of the Air Force for 21 years before retiring. During his time in the Air Force, he met his wife Renee and had two children: Sarah (Class of 2022)  and Jacob (Class of 2025). 

Now he has a career with Walmart as a team member at DC 7030 in Pottsville. He is the assistant general manager in leading the building’s day to day operations to ensure they keep the stores and clubs supplied with the groceries the customers need. 

“We ship groceries to approximately 200 Walmart stores and Sam’s Clubs around the Northeast. DC 7030 is the busiest grocery distribution center in the country, often moving more than a million cases of food a day through the building!” replied Warner.