Band Disney Trip 2022

Ken Gibson, PGAHS Band Director, mending band uniforms to prepare for the 2022 Band Disney Trip.

Shyla Brown, Opinion Editor

It’s been over two years since Pine Grove Area High School Marching Band headed to Florida to march in the parade in Disney World.  The band has spent the last three months practicing and getting ready for the trip. 

Every two years the band goes to Disney to perform and enjoy the parks. The last trip was in the Spring 2019 and the next planned trip was supposed to be in the Fall 2020 but due to Covid Restrictions the band was not able to attend so, the trip was rescheduled for the Spring 2022. 

Over 80 band members are attending the trip and the cost of the trip per person is $1,450.00. The  Band will depart from the high school on Sunday, April 10th and arrive Monday afternoon. They will spend Tuesday in Hollywood Studios. The Band will perform Wednesday in Magic Kingdom and Thursday in Universal Studios. Friday will be spent in Universal Studios, Saturday in Epcot, and Sunday in Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios. The band will leave to return home Monday, April 18th.

There has been a lot of preparation going into this trip. From making sure everyone knows the music to making sure uniforms fit and also making sure everyone’s paperwork is all ready to go. Ken Gibson, PGAHS Band Director says, “The most time consuming part of the trip, has been weaving our way through all the new regulations, as well as trying to move forward ourselves out of the pandemic.”