Girls 4x100m Team Breaks School Record

Sarah Warner

Mikaili Donmoyer, senior, exploding from her blocks at the beginning of the 4×100 relay race.

Sarah Warner, Staffer

The Pine Grove Area Girls Track team has broken many records at the start of this  season. One of these records is held by the girls 4×100 relay team, the team consists of:  Mikaili Donmoyer (senior), Abby Frew (senior), Mia Jefferson (junior), and Vicktoria Luckenbach(freshman). These girls have accomplished a lot in these first few weeks of track. 

“I’m very proud of all of us because it was a whole team effort, but being able to do it as a freshman excites me for the other things I can accomplish during my next years of high School track,” Victoria Luckenbach. 

They broke the 2017 record held by Maddie Frew, McKayla Lilly, Kelli Redinger, and Jess Fath that had a time of 51.78. The new record held by the current 4×100 relay team has a time of 50.99 seconds.

“It felt really fun, more than anything because I did it with my best friends beside me,” said Abby Frew. 

Along with breaking the school record they also broke the stadium record from 2010 that was held by Jim Thorpe with a time of 51.1.  

“It’s so exciting! It’s really cool to see our work pay off and be able to use the record as motivation to keep getting better and trying to break it,” said Mikaili Donmoyer.

Following the new record held by the 4×100 team, after traveling to North Schuylkill they broke their own record with a time of 50.94 seconds. 

“We prepare by mentally thinking that we are going to do our best in every race and hope for the best from each of our teammates,” said Mia Jefferson.