Cardinals Stomp Eagles for Leauge Win

Killian Skocik

Ethan Hannevig ,senior, throwing the first pitch of the game to catcher Daniel Zimmerman, junior.

Killian Skocik, Staffer

Cardinals stomped the Blue Mountain Eagles with a  5-4 win. In the first Inning Ethan Hannevig, senior, threw a no-hitter. Following that Garrett Brandt, junior, hit two RBI’s bringing home Brandon Unger, junior, and Ty Drumheller, sophomore, for a 2-0 lead. The Cardinals had the lead until the 6th inning when the Eagles fought back for a 4-3 lead. Bottom of the 7th, the Cardinals were still down but with bases loaded Daniel Zimmerman,junior, hit a line drive to center field bringing home Hannevig and Lane Lehman, sophomore, for the League win. This win boosted their spot in first by one.

“Well at first I was nervous but then I realized really all I needed to do was at least put it anywhere in play or in the outfield and thankfully that’s exactly what I did,” said Daniel Zimmerman on the game winning at bat.

“The team did great. We held a good lead just about the whole game but even when they had that break out inning and took the lead we kept playing our hardest to come out on top,” stated Lane Lehman. Lehman is leading the league with 12 bases stolen.