Travel Club Explores City of Brotherly Love

Travel Club Members walk towards Wells Fargo Center for their tour and to watch the 76ers shoot around before their game against the New York Knicks.

“This trip was packed full of fun and exciting places to visit, and may have been my favorite trip we have ever gone on! At the Museum of Art, my favorite section was the Asian Art. It was very enlightening to see their traditions and glimpses of the past that exposes a completely different world than we are used to. The 76’s game was a great way to end the night with such a close game the entire time,” said Katie Herring, senior.

Travel Club went on their first big trip of the year to Philadelphia. The day included: Philadelphia Museum Of Art, Philadelphia Magic Gardens, a late lunch at Chickie & Pete’s and tour of the Wells Fargo Center and 76ers game.

The Philadelphia Museum of Art had artwork from around the world.. The second museum the group went to was Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. Students got to see artwork from Isaiah Zager.

Brandon Unger, senior, said, “I thought the Gardens were interesting. The mosaic art was unique and glamorous. I thought it was pretty cool the way they decorated the whole block in mosaic art. There was also an outside portion that I thought was cool, he included bottles and wheels into the artist’s artwork.”

After the museum students traveled further into South Philadelphia to Chickie and Pete’s. They had an abundance of food and had a blast sitting and talking to each other before the 76ers game.

The students, then, arrived at the Wells Fargo Center where they toured the stadium and watched members of the 76ers shoot around. The 76ers played against the New York Knicks and lost in a very close game. Tyrese Maxey, 76ers point guard, went off for 31 points, 7 assists, and 3 rebounds.

Hannah Leininger, sophomore, said, “I was very excited to go but sad how the outcome was but it was a very good game and I enjoyed it. I also wish Joel Embiid and James Harden played as well but it was still a good game and the shoot around was really cool to experience and I enjoyed it a lot.”

Garrett Brandt, senior, said “Overall I thought the tour was great. The stadium was a lot bigger than I thought it was. Also you can tell it was just renovated because it was very nice and had some very new technology built in. The VIP area had to be the best part of the arena. Being down in the tunnels for food and then being able to watch the game that close up seems like a great experience.”