Welcome to the Real World

Welcome to the real world graphic.

When a student graduates from high school, they have 3 choices to choose from: post-secondary education, join the military or go straight into the workforce. This time of the school year, most seniors are attempting to lock down their future plans.

Nick Wolff, senior, states, “College because it’s the fastest path to get to my career.” The career that Wolff would like to pursue is nursing. Wolff plans to attend a 4 year college to obtain his nursing degree.

Bryce Shollenberger, senior, says, “I’m going to college because I want a degree.” Shollenberger is looking into a career that uses animal science. He wants to get a career in animal science because, “I wanna manage a beef cattle farm. It’s always been something I’ve been interested in.”

William Hall, senior, states, “College so I can get a degree and work at a high paying job.” Hall wishes to pursue a job in the engineering industry. He would need to get a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or BSE, from college to get his career.

According to PGAHS Counseling Office, there were 118 students in the Class of 2022. Roughly 36% enrolled in a 4-year college or university. There were about 14% who enrolled in technical or trade schools. 4% enlisted in the military. Another 36% of the students entered the workforce after high school, 10% didn’t know what they wanted to do upon graduation and roughly 4% didn’t submit their paperwork.