Review: High School Lunches

Zachary Pominville, junior, eating his grilled cheese sandwich during A lunch.

Pine Grove Area school lunches have been something that have had mixed views amongst the students. You’ll hear a lot of the students say that they don’t like them, while many others say that they aren’t bad. A lot of students decide to eat lunch here at the school rather than pack their own lunches. Some students even go up for more food after finishing their meal.

When it comes to school lunches, there are certain regulations that the school must abide by. “For school food we have certain regulations, whether it’s a limited salt intake, or having to use 1% milk instead of whole milk.” says Mr. Kelly, Metz General Manager.

Pine Grove Area High School has around 150 to 200 students who are eating breakfast every school morning with around 70% to 75% of the students eating the school lunches.

“My main goal is to make sure that the students are eating and getting the nutrients they need…for some people, this may be the only good meal they get for the day,” Kelly continues, “If a student ever has any problem with the school food, feel free to come to me about it. Even if you have any recommendations for new food items.”

Adam Dorsey, freshman, describes the mac and cheese as “going crazy,” going on about how it is one of his favorite foods.

“It is pretty good most of the time,” says Zachary Pominville, junior.