Track Records Broken

From left to right: Tanae Frey, senior; Kailen Felty, senior; Mia Jefferson, senior; and Viktoria Luckenbach, sophomore. The four girls hold the school record for the 4×400 meter relay with a time of 49.88 seconds.

Athletes have many goals on their minds throughout their high school careers. Typically, one thought is the possibility of breaking a school record. This is easier said than done though, as some of the records set will most likely never be broken. But this year, those thoughts became reality for track and field athletes. Not only did these students exceed school records in some instances- they crushed it.

The Girl’s 4×100 team beat the school record of 49.88. They won gold in Pine Grove Area’s invite. It also broke the invitational and stadium record. The runners were Tanae Frey, senior, Kailen Felty, senior, Mia Jefferson, senior, and Viktoria Luckenbach, sophomore.

Luckenbach also broke the invite and stadium records in the 100 meter and the 200 meter. Luckenbach’s 100 time was 12.29 seconds and her 200 time was 25.71 seconds. Luckenbach won 3 gold medals.

Nate Frankenfield, sophomore, set a school record this year for the 200 meter with a time of 22.71 seconds. Frankenfield is also gaining on the schools 100 meter record and 400 meter record. Frankenfield is currently ranked second for both the 100 and 400 meter record. Frankenfield also got gold in the 100 meter and the 200 meter at Pine Grove Area’s invitational. Frankenfield also won bronze in the 400 meter race.

Killian Skocik, senior, broke his own school record for the men’s high jump. Skocik’s previous record of 6’4” broke Larry Zimmerman’s record that stood for 12 years. Skocik jumped 6’5” at the Pine Grove Area’s invite, breaking the school record.